Back in April - Gabriel Walt and myself - recorded two sessions for CQ5 and CRX developers - both based on CRX 2.2 and CQ 5.4 released earlier this year.
In our office in Basel - while on air - Gabriel sharing the insight on how the mobile site rendering works with CQ 5.4:
Both session are around 60mins and have been recorded with Adobe Connect.
The 1st session is for people new to CRX and the "Content Repository". This is a good session to get started - with coding examples. We cover:
- What is a Content Repository and how does it work
- Comparison to relational database
- Benefits of the OSGi platform
- Open Source projects included in CRX
- Demo of building an app with CRX
- Deployment options and clustering
You can download the CRX 2.2 with the free Developer Edition license from day.com.
The 2nd session is for experienced CQ5 developers - good for people that worked with previous releases of CQ5. We are touching some of the new features in 5.4 and explain the concepts and show demos. We cover:
- Mobile Device Capability and Device Group
- Configurable roll-out configuration for LiveCopy
- Improve page speed with ClientLibs
- HTML5 Video Component and Transcoding Profiles
- Workflow-based reverse-replication & user generated content moderation
- Integration with SiteCatalyst and custom events tracking
Note: The login to watch the recording is using the "Adobe ID". If you already have an Adobe ID because you happened to be Adobe customer e.g. using Creative Suite or other products - use this account. If you don't have an Adobe ID yet - take a few minutes to create one. Going forward - we are going to use Adobe ID to make stuff available to you.