Add a configuration for the JDBC Connections Pool service that uses the JDBC driver to create data source objects. Your application code uses this service to obtain the object and connect to the database.
JDBC Connections Pool (com.day.commons.datasource.jdbcpool.JdbcPoolService) is a factory service. If you require connections that use different properties, for example read-only or read/write access, create multiple configurations.
When working with CQ there are several methods of managing the configuration settings for such services; see Configuring OSGi for full details.
The following properties are available to configure a pooled connection service. The property names are listed as they appear in the Web Console. The corresponding name for a sling:OsgiConfig node appears in parentheses. Example values are shown for an HSQLDB server and a database that has an alias of mydb:
- JDBC Driver Class (jdbc.driver.class): The Java class to use that implements the java.sql.Driver interface, for example org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver. The data type is String.
- JDBC Connection URI (jdbc.connection.uri): The URL of the database to use to create the connection, for example jdbc:hsqldb:hsql//10.36.79.223:9001/mydb. The format of the URL must be valid for use with the getConnection method of the java.sql.DriverManager class. The data type is String.
- Username (jdbc.username): The user name to use to authenticate with the database server. The data type is String.
- Password (jdbc.password): The password to use for authentication of the user. The data type is String.
- Validation Query (jdbc.validation.query): The SQL statement to use to verify that the connection is successful, for example select 1 from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SYSTEM_USERS. The data type is String.
- Readonly By Default (default.readonly): Select this option when you want the connection to provide read-only access. The data type is Boolean.
- Autocommit By Default (default.autocommit): Select this option to create separate transactions for each SQL command that is sent to the database, and each transaction is automatically committed. Do not select this option when you are committing transactions explicitly in your code. The data type is Boolean.
- Pool Size (pool.size): The number of simultaneous connections to be made available to the database. The data type is Long.
- Pool wait (pool.max.wait.msec): The amount of time before a connection request times out. The data type is Long.
- Datasource Name (datasource.name): The name of this data source. The data type is String.
- Additional Service Properties (datasource.svc.properties): A set of name/value pairs that you want to append to the connection URL. The data type is String.
The JDBC Connections Pool service is a factory. Therefore, if you use a sling:OsgiConfig node to configure the connection service, the name of the node must include the factory service PID followed by -alias. The alias that you use must be unique for all configuration nodess for that PID. An example node name is com.day.commons.datasource.jdbcpool.JdbcPoolService-myhsqldbpool.