The Video Component relies on the third-party open-source product FFmpeg for proper transcoding of videos that can be downloaded from http://ffmpeg.org/.
1. Download compiled binary as ffmpeg.zip
2. Unzip to a folder
3. Set system environment variable PATH to <<your-ffmpeg-location>>\bin
4. Restart CQ
On Mac OS X:
1. Install Xcode (http://developer.apple.com/technologies/tools/xcode.html)
2. Install X11 (see "Optional Installs" on the Snow Leopard DVD)
3. Install MacPorts (http://www.macports.org/)
4. Run sudo port install ffmpeg in the console and follow the instructions
Note that FFmpeg needs to be in PATH so CQ5 can pick it up via command line.
Using the precompiled version for OS X 10.6:
1. Dowload the precompiled version
2. Extract it to the /usr/local directory
3. From terminal, sudo ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/ffmpeg/0.6/bin/ffmpeg /usr/bin/ffmpeg