As of version 1.4, CRX supports three client-level API interfaces: the standard JCR 1.0 API, the Jackrabbit extensions in jackrabbit-api, and the CRX extensions in crx-api. Full compatibility with Jackrabbit has been added in this release (see section Jackrabbit Compatibility), and Jackrabbit APIs can be used with CRX directly.
The implementation of all these interfaces is fully backwards compatible with two changes in the CRX API described below.
1. The following methods have been removed from the crx-api extension interfaces:
- Package com.day.crx: CRXSession.getNamespaceResolver()
- Package com.day.crx.nodetype: NodeTypeRegistry.getRegisteredNodeTypes()
2. Any clients using the previous methods must be updated as follows:
- Use new SessionNamespaceResolver(session) instead of session.getNamespaceResolver()
- Use registry.getRegisteredNodeTypeQNames()instead of registry.getRegisteredNodeTypes()